We take our morning sustenance seriously with 11 diverse options to choose from all within 300m…not that we’re counting. Whether you’re the get up and go smoothie type, a coffee and cake sugar and caffeine seeker or like to settle-in for a breakfast bender (no judgement), James St has options to suit your breakfast style.
Grab and go:
- Need a coffee and a cake before it gets too late? Look no further than Cantinho with a cabinet filled with sweets and a menu that extends to breakfast bagels, burgers and much more.
- James St Bakery
- Welcome to breaded bliss. James St Bakery serve baked goods – funny that! Loaves and traditional bakery items like the mixed berry danish and spinach and fetta roll are baked onsite daily.
- Jocelyn’s Provisions
- Sweet or savoury? Name your preference and Jocelyn’s Provisions have it. Bread, cakes, pastries and provisions are all on offer. Hot tip: a fresh loaf of bread with Bee One Third James St honey is a simple winner.
- As the name implies, “thirst-quenching” is the best way to describe Quench. If the sound of a blender gets you going in the morning, this is where juices, smoothies and açaí bowls are up for the AM taking – a cheeky scoop of gelato is optional.
- The Standard Market Co.
- Whether you’re picking up ingredients for a DIY breakfast or searching for a quick yoghurt and muesli on-the-go you’ll find it at James St’s much-loved grocer.
- The Green
- A feast from the Middle East is is on the cards in this leafy spot. The shared mezze feast is our recommendation to maximise all the amazing flavours – including the house manoushe, beef makhlama, spiced eggs, lamb sausage, hash brown, confit tomato, labne and greens.
- Harveys Bar + Bistro
- You say Harveys Bar + Bistro, we say iconic! A stalwart of the street, Harveys is renowned for hearty morning feasts. The breakfast tortilla is a non-negotiable – ordered often and never regretted.
- If a trip to Europe isn’t on the cards, make a trip to this poolside Mediterranean eatery for a delightful breakfast menu and location. All the locals know the “eggs with eggs with eggs” is the way to go.
- King Arthur
- Don’t overthink it, just order the avo on rye with house made green hummus. You’ll thank us later.
- Lobby Bar
- The Calile’s in-house restaurant that is open to the public too, making this a continental affair. The menu too is continental and features roof grown ingredients – that’s right, the hotel has a veggie patch on Level 7 which is harvested and appears on plates daily.
- Can’t decide whether you want to sit inside or outside? Spoon is the place for you. Their a la carte menu has an impressive range of international flavours bound to appeal to all breakfasts styles and tastes.
September 13, 2023