We are committed to the protection of your personal information.
On our Site we may invite you to:
- Register your details with us, for example your name, address and email address;
- Sign up for newsletters and other periodic communications; and
- Provide feedback, ask questions or make comments to us about our Site.
We collect this information in order to facilitate your access to our Site and the functionality provided by our Site. If you do not provide us with this information, we may not be able to provide you with access to all or part of the functionality of our Site. In addition to the purposes set out above, this information may be used for the James Street Gift Card services, and the operation of our Site generally.
Any information about you, which is held or used in connection with our Site, will be collected by us. This information will be held in a database. The database is protected by a firewall as well as host-based security. Your information will not be distributed to affiliated organisations or third party organisations.
We may also collect the following information during your visit:
- The fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our Site, or alternatively, your IP address;
- The date and time you accessed each page on our Site;
- The URL of any webpage from which you accessed our Site;
- Cookies which track your visits to our Site; and
- The web browser that you are using and the pages that you accessed.
We use this information so that we can tell which pages are the most popular and where users spend most of their time when on our Site. We use this information to improve our Site.
You will only receive emails from us if you subscribe to our email service. Our email newsletters will keep you informed of the latest fashion news, offers, current promotions and specials relating to the James Street Precinct. If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, you can choose to unsubscribe from our email newsletter at any time.
Please contact us by email at <mailto=”firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com or by phone on (07) 3850 0111 if you believe that:
- Someone has gained accessed to your personal information by mistake;
- We have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way; or
Gift Card Services
The online James Street Gift Card Service is maintained and hosted by us. Any information you submit at our Site will be sent directly to us.
By completing the order and payment forms you will be providing your personal information to us.
We will not disclose your name, address or email address to any affiliated retailer or organisation unless it is required to do so by law or in legal proceedings where that information is relevant.
We will not provide your personal information including name, address, email address or phone number to any third party. Your phone number will only by used by us for the purpose of following up on a gift voucher order, purchase or transaction.
Credit card details entered in the payment pages of our Site are encrypted using 3D secure authentication (SSL 3.0 with a 128 bit encryption). Information from these pages is sent in a secure server and cannot be intercepted. As an additional precaution, we do not store credit card details.
If we consider that at any time a gift card has been purchased fraudulently, we may cancel the gift card in which case it will not be redeemable.
1. Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the use of the James Street Gift Card issued by us. If you let another person use your gift card, you must tell them that they will be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The laws of Queensland will apply to these Terms and Conditions. By using your gift card, you agree to these Terms and Conditions and you unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.
The gift card may be used to purchase goods or services at participating retailers in the James Street precinct, provided that the gift card has enough unused value to make the purchase.
When you purchase a James Street Gift Card, either through our Site or at any participating retailer, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
Gift cards will be activated upon issue and cannot be:
- Redeemed for cash;
- Used at an ATM;
- Reloaded, returned for a refund, have their balances consolidated to a new gift card; or
- Be replaced or used after the expiry date appearing on the card.
Gift cards do not constitute legal tender and are not account cards, debit or credit cards or securities.
You should keep your gift card secure at all times. Anyone holding the gift card can use its value to make purchases. If your gift card is lost or stolen, or you suspect an unauthorised transaction, immediately report this by calling us on (07) 3850 0111. We may be able to stop the gift card value being used, but we will require the card reference number, original balance and expiry date.
We may replace a faulty, lost or stolen gift card. Any replacement gift card will have the same unused value (at the time of replacement) and original expiry date. Please call (07) 3850 0111 to arrange a replacement. You must be able to quote the card reference number and in the case of a damaged card, return the damaged card to us. We recommend you make a record of the reference number and keep this separate from your gift card.
Gift cards will be void if they are defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way. We may subject gift cards to verification and security checks in our absolute discretion.
If you have a query or complaint about the gift card, please raise it by calling us on (07) 3850 0111 or contacting us online at our Site. We are not liable for the availability, quality or fitness for purpose of any goods or services purchased with the gift card. Any dispute about goods or services purchased with the gift card must be resolved with the retailer or supplier.
Except for rights that cannot be excluded, any conditions or warranties implied or imposed by legislation or otherwise are excluded from these Terms and Conditions. To the extent permitted by law, our liability is limited to replacing faulty gift cards.
If you think there has been a mistaken transaction on your gift card contact the store where the mistake was made.
Gift cards are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Any unused value at the end of twelve months will not be refunded. Gift cards cannot be reloaded with additional value.
A list of participating retailers where the gift card can be used is displayed at www.jamesst.com.au/giftcard. This list may change from time to time.
2. Delivery Instructions & Time Frames
Gift cards will be shipped within 3 business days of receipt of funds. Delivery will be via Australia Post using Registered Mail for a flat fee. This fee is stated at www.jamesst.com.au/giftcard and may change from time to time. Delivery will be on a signature-required basis and to Australian addresses only.
Gift cards cannot be shipped outside of Australia.
3. Security Measures
We will ensure the following measures are undertaken to maintain the security of cardholders’ account data provided when purchasing a gift card:
- All transactions will comply with and adopt the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (“PCI DSS”). These standards include ensuring a firewall is in place, vendor default passwords are changed, stored data is protected, antivirus software is in place and transmissions of cardholder data across a public network is encrypted. For a full list of PCI DSS requirements, visit www.pcisecuritystandards.org;
- All transactions will utilise 3-D secure authentication technology to ensure that the identity of the cardholder is authenticated by the bank at the time of purchase;
- At no time will credit card details be stored on our Site; and
- Cardholder information sent from our Site will be via a secure server to ensure such information cannot be intercepted.