This year we are rewarding our local stars, the people (that’s you!) who make our street THE street. What better way to show our appreciation than with our biggest giveaway to date, giving our loyal locals a chance to win over $12,000 worth of prizes.
Forget ‘wheel of fortune’ this is the James St Spin to Win, so manifest some good fortune and head to James Lane (near Sixes and Sevens) during James St Up Late to try your luck. Prizes up for the taking, or spinning rather, include but are not limited to overnighters on James St or Byron Bay, very generous gift vouchers and original artworks to name just a few. Cast your eyes over the ever-growing prize list below.
To spin your heart out during Up Late is easy: make a purchase of $150 (or more) at a participating JSUL retailer on the night (see list here) and show proof of purchase; sign-up to the James St newsletter; and follow us on Instagram (if you’re not already) for your chance to win big!
The Calile Hotel: One night in a Poolside Room including breakfast for two in Lobby Bar + valet parking (value $800)
Sage Hotel: Two nights in a city view room + late checkout (value $650)
Aje: Thea Sculptural Handle Bag in Protea Pink (value $375)
Assembly Label: $300 gift voucher
Bailey Nelson: $199 gift voucher
Bared Footwear: A pair of shoes (value up to $429)
Bared Footwear: A pair of shoes (value up to $429)
Dinosaur Designs: $300 gift voucher
lululemon: Workout pack (value $291)
Maryon’s: $250 gift voucher
Molten Store: $250 gift voucher
St. Agni: $1000 voucher + two night stay at Apartamento Byron Bay by @stagnistudio
Lifestyle + Design:
FINEPRINTCO: Erin Masters Print. Sunday at Shelly (value $990)
Living Edge: $500 voucher
Museum of Small Things: Who is Elijah HIS/HER 100ml perfume (value $159)
Studio Gallery: Kerry Armstrong artwork. YOU REALLY SHOULDN’T HAVE WORRIED ABOUT THE TEAPOT (value $4,200)
endota spa: A customised facial (value $165)
Twin Palms Barbershop: Grooming pack (value $500)
Food + Drink:
Agnes Bakery: $50 gift voucher
Biànca: $100 gift voucher
Cantinho: Take home dinner for four! Greek roasted lamb shoulder with zesty lemon potatoes (value $120)
Gemelli: $200 gift voucher
Jocelyn’s Provisions: $250 gift voucher
sAme sAme: $100 gift voucher
James St bucket hat
James St tote bag
James St custom key ring + sticker
James St Up Late Spin to Win Terms and Conditions
James St Up Late Spin to Win 2023 Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the competition is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is James Street Initiative (ABN 78 164 358 463) of Level 1, 60 James Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006. Telephone: 0738500111 (Promoter).
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged eighteen (18) years or over only. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are ineligible to enter. Persons under the age of 18 years are not considered adults and therefore are not able to enter. If a winner is discovered to be under 18, they will automatically be disqualified.
- James Street Initiative operates in accordance with the Queensland Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) under the Charitable and Non-Profit Gaming Act 1999.
- “James St Up Late Spin to Win 2023” competition is a game of chance and in order to enter the draw, entrants must:
- Go in person to 65 James Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006 during the open period (clause 7);
- Provide proof of purchases totalling $150 or more from participating James St Up Late businesses (full list here) at time of entry, Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry for purchases made at businesses not on this list;
- Sign up to the www.jamesst.com.au newsletter and show proof at the time of entry;
- Follow @JamesStBNE Instagram and show proof at time of entry;
- Spin the wheel to land on a prize category (Stay, Fashion, Food + Drink, Design, Beauty, Merch); and
- Select a random card from the relevant category (as itemised above in clause 6.a) to find out the Prize details;
- Winners will then collect any Prizes from the identified Prize Providers. Winners can only win one prize and will be eliminated after winning.
- The promotion commences during the James St Up Late event period on 17:00 AEST Thursday 23 March 2023 and closes on 20:00 AEST Thursday 23 March 2023 or when all prizes have been won (whichever comes first).
- The total Prize pool value of (up to) AUD$10,000 is correct as at the date of launch. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the Prizes are taken.
- In the event that an element of the Prize is, for any reason, cancelled, postponed or not available, that element(s) of the prize will be considered as forfeited and no cash alternative offer will be granted in lieu of the part of the prize. If a Winner forfeits a specified element, no cash alternative offer will be granted in lieu of the part of the Prize.
- The Winners may be photographed during the competition, and the Winners grant the Promoters and Prize Suppliers a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the Winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter reserves the right to share entry data with the Prize Providers.
- One entry per person. Multiple entries from the same person will not be accepted.
- The Promoters decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the Prize. Transport to and from James St and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the Winner.
- If a Prize accepted but not claimed within 3 months of the winner notification Date and Time, the relevant Winner’s entry will be deemed invalid.
- Winners must collect Prizes from the identified Prize Providers located on James St. Prizes cannot be shipped.
- The Promoter reserves the right to, at any time, verify an entry or entrant and disqualify an entrant the Promoter has reason to believe has submitted an entry not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- All entries in the competition become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information from entrants to conduct the competition and may, in the course of business, disclose the personal information to third parties, as required. Entry in this competition is conditional on provision of the personal information requested. Entries may be entered into a database and the Promoter may use the entrants’ names and addresses for future promotional, marketing and publicity in various forms by the Promoter, and the entrant consents to such use. Entrants may direct any request to access their personal information to the Promoter. The Promoter will share the entry details with the prize providers.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the competition without notice.
- The Promoter is not liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity) or damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or inconsequential loss) or personal injury in relation to this competition or the use of, or participation in, the Prize.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to state government legislation.
- Terms and conditions of any Prize, Prize vouchers or winnings are set by the individual Prize Providers and must be adhered to.
- These Terms and Conditions will bind this and any future entry by entrants into a competition on this site and may be updated from time to time.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought by the Winners.
- All entrants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any Prize(s) or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
- The Promoter, Prize Suppliers and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur:
- during the entry process or the draw;
- in the participation, acceptance or use of any element(s) of the Prize;
- due to the broadcast of any program relating to the Competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; or
- arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network, internet connection, perthnow.com.au website outage or lines or mobile communications network related to or resulting from participation in this promotion.
February 23, 2023