Everyone relax! This is not a drill! RESORT After Dark is happening next Friday night, October 24, and it’s VERY easy to leave your poolside mentality behind and go into full blown vay-cay breakdown, extended family style. Of course, the whole night is going to be absolutely jam-packed with fashion, art, and lifestyle related activities for you to see and enjoy, and with so damn much to see and do, it’s not surprising that some of you feel very overwhelmed.
We’ve always got your back though, so feast your eyes on the Top 10 Must-Not Miss items of the evening, ensuring you don’t miss out on a moment of the #RESORTJST frenzy!
Click through to the official program here to suss out the rest of the goodness going on during RESORT, and start mapping out your own personalised ULTIMATE ITINERARY!
- Hang with Leandra Medine of Man Repeller – Of course this is going to be number one! Leandra is going to be roaming the street all night, doing the same thing as you! Little bit of shopping, little bit of exploring, and no doubt, there may be one or two vino’s drank. Keep your eyes peeled!
- REDSEA Artist Talk – Amaze Australian artist Luke Barker is going to be doing an artist talk in REDSEA Gallery, detailing the inspiration behind his latest exhibition, ‘Street Front’s and Back Alley’s – Brisbane to Melbourne’.
- Stone & Metal Putt-Putt – Head down to the carpark in front of Harveys, put on your golfing shoes, and take part in a little mini-golf. It’s no PGA, but the prizes are better!
- Sofitel RESORT Suite – Talk about a photo-op! Head to the carpark next to the Molten Store pop-up to take part in an all time photo competition! The best part? All you have to do is lie on one of their devilishly comfortable beds, snap yoself, upload it to your Instagram with the hashtag #SleepingWithSofitel, and badabing badaboom, you’re in the running to win one of four epic prizes… Including an overnight stay, a dinner for 2, and more #OMG.
- TW Fine Art x Briony Barr Art Installation – Melbourne Artist, Briony Barr, is putting together the most transcending and hypnotising art projection that this city has ever seen! Walk past the Scanlan Theodore white wall… And you’ll know what we’re talking about.
- Cuban Dance Company at French Rendez-Vous – Always wanted to dance in the street? Well, now you can! Learn to samba, salsa, rumba, or mambo number 5 at French Rendez-Vous with the Cuban Dance Company! Arrriiiibaaaa!
- Meet Nancy King’s designer at Jules & Roc – Jules & Roc are never ones to shy out of a good party, so they’ve invited special guest Sharni Lindsay from Nancy King to take part in the festivities. Not only that, but she will be launching her Resort ’14 collection on the night.
- 10% Off Gail Sorronda‘s Mermaid’s Exist – Head into Gail Sorronda to treat yourself with a special lil discount off her latest, and oh so talked about collection with Disney, Mermaid’s Exist. All your childhood dreams of becoming a mermaid are about to come true!
- Molten Store Pop-Up – Our good friends from Molten Store have parked themselves on the street again, and thank goodness, because our lives were missing some sparkle! Chat to owner Jessy while you’re there, and let her help you curate your other-worldly accessories wardrobe… She knows a thing or two about ethereal goodies!
- Harveys Cocktail Garden – Of course, no good party is complete without a delish cocktail. Head to Harveys to indulge in RESORT cocktails in their special, one-night-only Cocktail Garden!
We will be lounging pool side with our RESORT partners: Audi Centre Brisbane, MAC Cosmetics, Bank of Queensland, Institute of Modern Art,Brisbane Airport Corporation, Sofitel Brisbane Central and Stylecraft.
October 16, 2014