Originating on the islands of Hawaii, Poké Bowls fuse the goodness of raw fish with fresh salad and tangy pickled vegetables.
In honour of this feel good island-style favourite, Spoon Deli Cafe Head Chef Milan has created a Smoked Salmon Quinoa Poké Bowl to add to your recipe repertoire.
The recipe is flexible, so flip and reverse the ingredients as you see fit, but remember, some overnight preparation is required.
Smoked Salmon Quinoa Poké Bowl
- 80g smoked salmon sliced
- 60g quinoa
- 1/2 avocado (topped with black and white sesame seeds)
- 20g radish sliced
- 15g beetroot sliced
- 40g green peas
- 50g broccoli
- 20g cucumber sliced
- 40g mesclun
- 500ml white wine vinegar
- 250ml water
- 250g sugar
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 300ml vegetable oil
- 150ml white vinegar
- 1 tbsp seeded Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Mix the pickling juice ingredients with the sliced beetroot and radish – soak overnight.
- Mix the Dijon vinaigrette dressing ingredients
- Blanch the peas in hot boiling water for approximately 1 ½ minute and immediately plunge them into an ice-water bath to stop the cooking process.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for approximately 2-3 minutes and immediately plunge them into an ice-water bath to stop the cooking process.
- Place the quinoa in a pot with 180ml of water and cook on a medium-high heat until it absorbs all of the water, then steam for a further 5 minutes.
- Prepare the fresh salad and vegetables.
- In a bowl, place the mesclun in middle, arrange the remaining ingredients around the rim.
- Serve with the house dressing in a ramekin on the side.
March 17, 2021