For fans of patisserie paradise Jocelyn’s Provisions, they have opened their treasured cookbook of creamy butter cakes, slices and savoury delights and shared with us a recipe.
It’s time to add their moorish Ginger and Mascarpone Tart to your own sweet repertoire. The best part, other than being able to enjoy the timeless classic at your disposal, it uses their buttery Ginger Nuts biscuits, so your creation will have that iconic Jocelyn’s Provisions taste.
“Our classic Ginger Nuts make the perfect base for a scrumptious cheesecake, tart or parfait! They’re a well loved Jocelyn’s staple, and a delicious way to bring that classic charm to your home baking” – Jocelyn’s Provisions.
- 1 packet of Ginger Nuts from Jocelyn’s Provisions
- 60g melted butter
- 400g mascarpone
- Zest of half a lemon
- Zest and juice of half an orange
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mulberries and blueberries to serve
- Place ginger nut biscuits into a blender and combine with melted butter. Press into a pie base, evenly spreading along the base and up the sides. Place in the refrigerator and allow the butter to set for at least 40 minutes.
- Whip the mascarpone with the orange juice, half the combined zest, cinnamon and ginger until softened and combined.
- Pour mixture into the base and smooth the surface with a spatula. You can refrigerate at this point for several hours if covered.
- When ready to serve, top the tart with mulberries and blueberries (you can substitute other seasonal berries), the rest of the zest, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup. For the ultimate treat, warm the maple syrup for a more even finish on your tart.
March 1, 2021