WARNING: marie claire Up Late aka MCUL runs for just two short hours! With just 120 minutes to shop up a storm, we’ve created a pre, on and post event list of things to consider in order maximise your time – shopping is serious business…
- First things first, jump on Facebook and click attending to the official MCUL event here. This forum will provide attendees with insider knowledge and live updates of must-know activations plus, gives you the opportunity to officially invite your friends – they will love you for it.
- Get your hands on a mini magazine. You’ve no doubt seen the candy pink MCUL branded programs around James St, or perhaps, you nabbed one in the April edition of marie claire Australia magazine? Either way, this little pink book is your MCUL bible. Grab a pen and start circling those must visit stores.
- Book a room at The Calile for the night of MCUL! That’s right, our official hotel partner are offering 20% off stays in celebration of this year’s event – use the code: MARIECLAIRE19.
Tips: On the Night
- Ok, where do we start? With marie claire goody bags of course! 1,000 party bags will be available in the car park in between Harveys Bar + Bistro and Camilla. From 6PM, these must-have bags will be available – with inclusions from M.A.C Pro, KAILO, Brisbane Lashes, Priceline and The Calile you do not want to miss out!
- At 6.30PM join marie claire Head Editor Nicky Briger with Jana Pokorny, Monica Russell and Francesca Wallace from her fashion team in the main staging area. The team will be discussing the latest seasons trends, plus all three fashion editors will introduce you to two of their favourite garments from stores right here on James St.
- In between shop-hopping visit the likes of Louise Olsen, Gail Sorronda, The Schweitzer Sisters, Damien Horan, Sean Venturi, Nina Flash Gordan, Bec Nolan and Cass Moase – find out where to meet the designers here.
- Say cheese! If you pass one of our photographer on the night be sure to smile – a full album of happy snaps will be available after the event so be sure to show those pearly whites! Rememeber to tag us in your snaps too via @jamesstbne #MarieClaireLoves #JamesStUpLate.
- Now, your most likely getting peckish and thirsty, and luckily for you, all of the restaurants on James St will be open much later than 8PM to continue the party. From pink inspired drinks from Lobby Bar at The Calile, Harveys Bar + Bistro and Cru Bar to Aperol and complimentary Assaggini at Bucci and a Think Pink Party at Gerard’s Bar, plus a killer DJ at Sixes and Sevens, leaving prior to 10PM is unlikely… *sorry not sorry.
- Take another look in your marie claire goody bag. With all the excitement from what will be “last night” some special offers might have gone unnoticed, so double-check your bag for exclusive vouchers from some of your favourite stores.
- Stay tuned via @jamesstbne (Instagram & Facebook) for social snaps!
March 19, 2019