Silly season celebrations have officially begun, which calls for multiple outfits, new-do’s and easy makeup tips and tricks! So, why not take a little inspiration from our RESORT fashion presentation!
RESORT’s hair partner, Tognini’s created effortlessly-glamorous looks for the ‘Fashion Gym’ which we recommend re-creating for all of those silly season events coming your way. We all know what the weather is like in Brisbane throughout December, super hot, steamy and not particularly co-operative when it comes to hairstyling (*sigh) however these three are sure to save the day!
1. A top-knot is ALWAYS a fabulous option, your hair doesn’t require a fresh blow-wave and it’s a cool option (literally) for those hot summer nights. Our tip: aim for a messy bun (as pictured below), pull a few pieces out from the front of the hairline to soften the look around the face.
2. Similar to the above, a high ponytail is still a classically femme and practical option if you find a top-knot bun a little too severe. Our tip: wrap an extra piece of hair around the hair-tie, a little trick that takes a typical up-do from day to night in an instant..
3. Incorporate braids into your hairstyle. That’s right, braids are back (although they never really left), one or two fine little braids/plaits through your fringe or in your ponytail is an easy way to add a little something, something, to a simple look. Our tip: teach your mum, friend or boyfriend how to braid ASAP – this will be your go-to look but can be difficult to execute by yourself.
The dream-teams behind Outshine and Issada created two looks for the RESORT Fashion Gym, which were slightly out of the ordinary, yet totally acceptable for Christmas festivities. Try one of these daring looks for your next event – you will be the envy of all your friends/colleagues. Our tip: go for a subtle dewy foundation look, that way you can add a pop of colour to your eye area without looking too over the top.
1. Try adding a flicker of pink or red to the eyelid. Not only is this look festive, it’s a super cute way of drawing attention to your eyes. Use a product that has a glittery pigment to ensure longevity.
2. Change the colour of your mascara. Sounds simple and it is! Our tip: try a blue, brown or purple mascara (depending on your eye-colour), these colours are subtle enough that people won’t immediately notice a difference, however it is a fresh-faced look for any occasion.
Styling x Isabella Jacuzzi
From the hair and make-up to the outfits, local stylist Isabella Jacuzzi was behind all three components of the presentation. The ever-talented Jacuzzi, is a fashion graduate of QUT and is certainly one to watch! We were lucky enough to have her hand pick each look for the evening and here is the official low-down of each garment (you can thank us later)… Happy shopping!
Maasai Mosh Plunge Front Low Back One piece: $299.00
Maasai Mosh Short Skirt W/ Long Back: $399.00
Beige T-Bar Sandal: $299.00
Maasai Mosh Wide Leg Trouser W/ Pockets: $529.00
Maasai Mosh Mini Dress W/ Overlay: $449.00
Divinity Dance Men’s Elastic Waist Board shorts: $189.00
Divinity Dance Soft Bra & Band Bikini: $299.00
Divinity Dance Sarong Multi Wear Dress: $599.00
Tan buckled strap stiletto: $399.00
Desert Discotheque dress w/frill and long back: $599
Joseph Wrap Jacket: $290.00
Stella Silk Satin Skirt: $339.00
Oskar Skirt: $280
Colette V Neck Top (Similar): $174
Lazlo Stripe Pant: $160.00
Lazlo Dress: $266.00
Fleece Dress: $229
Standing Still Dress: $720
Mystery Love Wrap Pants: $395
Beam Me Up Cape: $595 (available from November 21)
Phone A Friend Bustier Top: $395
The Enchanted Eye Slouch Jeans: $230
Treasure Chest Silk Maxi Dress: $595
Romance Was Born Fireworks Lace Top $790
Sibel Siral Pants $475
Dries Van Noten Diman Embellished Velvet Dress $2,850
Romance Was Born Ave Maria Ruched Dress $550
Dries Van Noten Bomber Jacket (Safari Print) $1680
Dries Van Noten Pant (Safari Print) $1,390
Wild Side Pant: $159
Wild Life Raincoat: $99
Sparkler Skirt: $199.00
Splice Spot Crop Tank: $79.00
Pisces Raincoat: $99
Le Grande Backpack: $59.00
Harlequin Legging: $119.00
Harlequin Crop tank: $79.00
Monkey Magic Raincoat: $99.00
Monkey Magic Tote: $69.00
Shady Tank: $129.00
Polka Face Pant: $189.00
November 17, 2016