Entry to James St Food & Wine Trail is subject to the following conditions.
The term “Festival” within these conditions includes reference to the area bounded by the perimeter fencing at James St, and surrounding laneways within James Street Precinct. James Street Initiative Pty Ltd (Festival Owner) – reserve the right to refuse entry to or eject from the Festival, any person who does not comply with any of these conditions.
James Street Initiative Pty Ltd has agreement with Restaurant Venues Queensland Pty Ltd to act as the Licensee.
Acceptance of Risk and Limitation of Liability
Patrons entering the Festival do so at their own risk. Patrons assume all risks associated with and incidental to the Festival, whether before, during or after the Festival (including property damage or loss and personal injury). The risks assumed by Patrons include any risks caused by the Festival Owner in ensuring compliance with the Conditions of Entry.
Patrons waive any claims for personal injury or death against the Festival Owner on behalf of Patrons and any accompanying minor.
Festival Owner reserves the right to refuse admission to, or remove any person for reasonable cause, without notice.
Persons under the age of 18 must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times.
Alcohol and Drugs
- Patrons must not bring alcohol into the Festival.
- Alcohol must be consumed within the area of the Festival (“the permitted area”). No alcohol is permitted to be taken off the Festival site.
- Any person wishing to drink alcohol at the Festival may be required to provide a driver’s licence, current passport or proof of age card.
- Any minor found drinking alcohol will, in the Festival Owner or Licensee’s discretion, be refused entry to or ejected from the Festival, subject to be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Any person supplying alcohol to a minor or any person deemed to be assisting or contributing to the supply of alcohol to a minor may, in the Festival Owner or Licensee’s discretion, be refused entry to or ejected from the Festival.
- Any person who is deemed to be adversely affected by the consumption of alcohol may, in the Festival Owner or Licensee’s discretion, be refused entry to or ejected from the Festival.
- Any person who is deemed to be adversely affected by the consumption of drugs may, in the Festival Owners sole discretion, be refused entry to or ejected from the Festival.
Change of Activities
Festival Owner reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute Stallholders, performing artists and amenities.
Patrons must wear footwear while at the Festival.
Hours of Operation
The hours of operation are 10am to 6pm. All Patrons must have departed the venue by 6:30pm.
Items Not Permitted
Patrons to the Festival may not bring in food, alcohol, illegal drugs and controlled substances, weapons or other items deemed dangerous by Festival Owner.
Patrons will not act in a manner that is inappropriate, offensive to others, or illegal. Festival Owner reserves the right to refuse entry to or eject a person who conducts themselves in such a manner.
Recording, Transmission and Exhibition
- Patrons agree not to record or transmit, or aid in recording or transmitting, any description, account, picture, or reproduction of the Festival other than for private non-commercial purposes, without the permission of the Festival Owner.
- Patrons grant permission to Festival Owner to use their name, image, likeness, or statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at the Festival without further authorisation from, or compensation to the Patron.
Patron’s belongings may be searched on entry to the Festival, or during the Fesitval. Patrons must consent to such searches. Patrons may be required to leave the Festival if they refuse a request to have their belongings searched, and will not be refunded or otherwise compensated.
Patrons may only smoke in the Designated Smoking Area that has signs indicating that smoking is permitted in that designated area.